Mindfulness based stress reduction
“Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally.”
The MBSR was developed by a scientist who was also a meditator and yogi, Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
The MBSR Program will assist you with developing a practice of cultivating more presence, nonjudgement, and compassion in your life. It is an evidence based and researched treatment to support individuals with:
- Reducing stress: personal, work, school, family, illness, grief, etc.
- Reducing anxiety, depression or panic and developing the skills to manage emotions and life transitions
- Assisting you with the resources to manage symptomology of medical conditions such as: chronic pain or fatigue, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, heart disease, asthma, sleep disturbances, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
- Managing feelings of overwhelm and creating a sense of balance and support through various life challenges
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program at Heart & Soul Wellness
We are honored for your interest in learning mindfulness. This upcoming course is a rich learning experience and requires a commitment of time and energy, with great opportunities for transformative learning and growth experiences. We offer both in-person and live online MBSR courses. We invite you to consider and select which environment will best support you and your learning throughout the course. As we have a limited number of spaces available in the course, we wanted to provide you with some further information about this course to help you ensure that it is a good fit for you at this time.
- The orientation is a required part of the course
- The course will meet for 2.5 hours each week
- The all-day retreat will be held from 9:00am-4:00pm on the Saturday between the 6th and 7th week.
- Attendance at all sessions of the course is expected, as the course content and experiential practice builds upon one another as the course unfolds
Online Learning (for those who are interested in the online course)
- This course is very interactive and highly experiential. As such, please plan to be fully engaged during the course. You will need a quiet room with no interruptions, reliable internet access, a webcam and microphone, and your video turned on the entire time.
- 45 minutes – 1 hour of daily home practice is a required part of this class. Please consider if you are able to make this commitment.